I'm just crossing into Calif on my first blogged trip of this year.

I made it to Needles, CA for the day and went for an early dinner right after procuring my room.

No inside dining in CA, at least not the parts I've been to, but they built a nice little outdoor area.

I'm doing my best to stay low carb these days. Covid containment has somehow stimulated my growth hormones for some reason.







When I got to the Harvey House this couple jumped in front of me just as I was going to snap a picture of the park in front of the Harvey House. This was the most tame picture of the bunch and I had to delete the others to keep this family appropriate.

What I was originally going for

It was certainly a grand place back in the day when the rich traveled by rail.





I like the welcome signs and little park.

Lest we forget where we once were

Maybe claiming some of their Native American heritage also.

I keep wanting to call this the Columbia, but it is for sure the Colorado

While the downtown part of Needles appears to be of lower middle income, the banks of the Colorado draw another level of the working class.

I wonder how they will fare in a thousand year flood?

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog