It's Friday and the only reason I know is................................





An older motel in Needles, but clean and neat and I can park in front of my room.

The WiFi was great here

The gas prices Not so Much because they were so MUCH!

It was ominous looking in my direction of travel

But it looked nice the other way.

I didn't take that turn, I had plans 

Just for a moment I thought I actually saw the POG

My plans took me through the Mojave Preserve

It was okay, but I may never travel this route again

As rocky as this place is, my mind kept telling me to be thankful I wasn't the one that dug the holes for those telephone poles!

Looks the the govt is keeping an eye on you even out here.

Originally the poles were supposed to go here.

Everything was dry even though it was raining

I liked this old train station. Now a museum but closed due to covid.



No longer a boom town so it is closed








Of course train stations need train tracks

Train tracks need trains

It's also nice if they have a safe place to pass each other.

Baker, CA has the worlds tallest thermometer. I'm pretty sure it was one degree off, but I didn't make a big deal of even tell them.

Rocky wanted to stop here and have some zucchini fries. The fries sucked!

Thought about looking for some diet Vernors

Stopped here for lunch. Ordered the steak burrito. I was expecting only steak in that thing but they slipped in a whole bunch of stuff that wasn't on my diet. What could I do?

At least they had covered parking

About the closest thing to fine dining in CA is tailgating off the back of your bike

This large dry lake bed is just north of Baker on hwy 127


The next few pics are just the general landscape and need no captions



Yes, that salt

Just south of Shoshone is Tecopa Hot Spring




In the old westerns they would show a few skeletons around lakes like this and say they were alkali 

They just taste like salt water to me










Amargosa has seen better days




I would have love this back when I used to maintain a country road I lived on in Oregon


Covid just might be the nail in the coffin

Seems everything has been taken down to bare bones








I never did figure out what he is here for







My suggestion is to stay outside of the fence

The sign on the road said Christ of the desert. I was expecting something like Christ of the Ozarks but different. It was just the name of this little Catholic church



I guess when they are out of date they are just too expensive to maintain so they park them

YES!

Guess who was here first

As long as the guy in the middle is wearing a mask there should be no problems

The whole crew and all of the bikes
Dale, Ed, Matt, Ken, Mike
and me taking the picture.


 

Comments

  1. You went a much better time... went thru there late June... 115 @0900... at Stovepipe Wells... Thanks for taking me along!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog