I was looking for an awesome sunset this evening but this was all I got.

Penny rented a suite here for the week so I've been mooching 

I was a little early heading to Hebo this morning so I took a little detour through Neskowin. The last time I was up here, my son took me to the Village Scoop for an ice cream cone.

I didn't even make it through town and they caught me.

I met up with my friend Doug in Hebo

We both ride with the same motorcycle group in AZ during the winter







Since we were both up here at the same time a little ride was planned

22 is a nice twisty road between Hebo and Hwy 18




Doug had breakfast, I had lunch

Nice to sit where you can keep an eye on the bikes

It still makes me feel good to see the old small town businesses

Napa has been around for awhile

The pic on the wall shows when this was still a blacksmith shop.

One of many small rivers that find their way to the sea.

I can't believe how nice my bike makes those flowers look.

This lady knows the trick of how to get certain colors of               Hide-a-re-arrangias

Neskowin is obsessed with you going slow

At least they do it with a little humor

I keep stopping, looking for where Sherm's grandson Jon is giving surfing lessons.

Sherm panhandling

I've looked through twelve aviary books since I got back and I still can't identify this bird. I think it must be very rare.

Nice day, lot's of people enjoying the beach.

This is the D river beach

The D River is the worlds shortest river. There had to be one, and this is it!

I knew you would want to see more of it, but there just ain't



I
I hit another milestone today. I've never had an issue with this bike until about an hour after I took this photo. I rode from Portland to Tenino, WA today to visit with a cousin and her daughter and her family.

This is Bjorn

His mother Betsy

He's the cutest and happiest little guy ever!

Bjorn's big sister Teagan. I gave them all rides, and afterwards I was showing Teagan and Ryker some of the features of the new Goldwing Tour. I turned of the key fob so they could see how nothing would work. Well, nothing did so I turned the fob back on, but it wouldn't turn on. I pushed the button over one hundred times and all I would get was one blink of the light. They were worried for me, but I told them about the secret access for such emergencies. Well, it didn't work. When I turned the key, it only unlatched one of the latches and I couldn't open the door. After multiple tries I gave up and told the kids I didn't know what to do. Teagan didn't hesitate and said, "Let's pray" She immediately bowed her head and began praying fervently. I said a simple prayer out loud. I pulled the FOB back out of my pocket pushed the button once and it blinked 3 times like it should. For some of you, a coincidence, for me a Miracle before my eyes! Amen!

Ryker was the first to ride

They figured we could fit 6 on the bike if we really tried and with the carrier, maybe a couple more.

 

My wife, her daughter and I are spending this week at the beach in Lincoln City, OR.  Cairns, everywhere I go, cairns!

There's a pretty nice surf today.

At least at high tide. The 48 degree water has kept most of the swimmers away.

The wet suits allow them to be pretty comfortable!

Obviously this guy is tougher than the rest!

Maybe not

Waiting for the good ones!

My wife and her daughter taking a walk on the beach.

A couple of sisters

Filming their own antics on the beach

Maybe this is where the cairns come from

Did you get my pic?

I hope you caught this one!

I think this is Mother Daughter walk day 

I think my wife spotted me taking her pic

Letting her daughter know she is being spied on.

Should we let him get away with it?

Of all of the guys I saw surfing today, this guy caught the most waves.

Walking in soft sand is so much fun

I guess we'll smile for this one!

I counted as many as eleven guys out there surfing.

Of them all, this guy seemed to get the longest lasting rides.



I thought this looked like a good one!

It's a waiting game for the good ones.
It came with little of the normal plastic which he thought would really make it a lot easier to service.
Compared to my wing, it isn't too big.
His big goal is to mount a surfboard carrier on it.

I think about twenty minutes between the good waves.
Sherm's grandson Jon stopped by to introduce himself and show me the new scooter that he just bought. I just think he is really lucky to have a grandpa like Sherm to help pick out a beauty like this one. However, I don't think Sherm was wearing his glasses at the time. :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog