I started out on my trip this morning at 0 dark thirty in order to beat the oppressive heat that we have been having. It worked even though it was 94 degrees, not having the sun beating down on me made it possible to ride in comfort.

I usually stop for gas here just before hooking up with Sherm. Today it's my first stop for fuel and the first time I have filled this bike since removing the fill tube in the neck of the tank. I see that I can put in about 1 quart more than I ever was before. I have to be sure not to do that anymore as it not good for the overflow cannister or something like that.

It's 7:00 AM and I've been on the road over 3 hours. I stopped for a couple of chicken tacos so I could take some much needed aspirin.

While waiting for my food I had a nice visit from a officer from homeland security. While he never mentioned his political leanings I could sure tell that he wasn't happy with the way our country is going. No, I didn't take his picture.






As I was leaving Rocky's and heading to my sister and her husbands home I passed this skate park.

It sure was good to see kids out having fun and being normal again.

One thing I did notice, most of them were out of practice


I finally had to take a picture of this guy just as he was taking off. He kept going SPLAT at the bottom!

It is a bike trip after all.

Have fun kids and you all play nice!

It takes a lot of work to keep up a beautiful yard but this is the view as I approach my Shari and Ken's beautiful home.

Waiting for me was this delicious little ham sandwich that was much needed at the time.

It didn't last long!

Her friend Wendy came to visit. She is on the left, Ken in the middle, and Shari on the right.

Out in the back yard, the visit...............

................looks to be all about flowers

Shari and Ken have just returned from a multi state flower buying trip.

The flowers even have their own caretakers house

If you look real hard you might even be able to find something to eat besides petals

Of course just taking a tour of the grounds requires a few stops here and there for much needed rests



I thought about taking a dip!

I refrained because unlike most people, I just sink

 

Comments

  1. Off to a good start! Nice to see Shari and Ken. Their home is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked real hard at that picture to find something to eat. At first I thought I saw a snake! Then I noticed the tomatoes. Haha! I have been seeing a lot of snake pictures recently :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting. Great blog. Glad You were able to connect with Rocky n his family...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog