Nothing like the pillars of light in a Ponderosa forest to start your day!

When you come to a road like this, Take It!!!

I've ridden all over this area, but today I'm finding roads I haven't ridden before. This is Eagle Lake just north of Susanville, CA but viewed from the west and less travelled side.


Such Beauty!

om
Some friends paid me a surprise visit.

I was taught to always keep the place clean, you never know when unexpected guest will arrive.

There sure are a lot of lakes up here that are ten to twenty miles in length.



There were several of these rolls of fencing alongside of the road. I reminded me of an encounter I had with one at 70 mph back in NC.

Even though I have been know to off-road the Wing on an occasion or two, I repressed the impulse today!
My first view of Mount Shasta approaching from the East

These always bring back good memories to me.

11:00 AM and I'm finally stopping for breakfast.

Sign said Viewpoint

Telephoto proves it!

I must admit, I enjoyed this view as much as that of the falls!

Okay, the last picture was not Burney Falls

This is, but it gets better!

It cost $10 to drive in and take a picture of the falls!

I thought that was ridiculous!

So I took 200 pics of them.

Only $.05 a piece!

Guess I showed them!



.
Hard to believe those magnificent falls all come from just this little stream.



One last view of Shasta as I pass by the north side!

All vacations must share this experience!

First time I have ever entered Crater Lake from the south.

These are steam vents created during the time after the eruption.

Kind of cool

My first view today. Probably been here ten times in my life. Actually rode my chopper up here when I was 19.

I took a lot of pictures but I'm not going to caption them all. Just the ones that need captioning, you know just in case I happen to be in them.


















Looking Good!  Must have been sucking it in!














Oregon's Matterhorn








 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog