Today is July 10th and Hailey and I have started our trek back home.

My Buddy Rocky suggested (Told Me) that I ride Hwy 141 to Gateway from south to north.

The first few miles after getting on 141 the scenery was meh at best.

Then it got good, real good!

And every few miles it would totally change.

As we started out on the road a sign greeted us saying road work the next 61 miles.

However, it was all done except they still needed to do the little bridges that crossed the little creeks flowing into the main river. The rest of the road looked just like this!!!

No more comments on the scenery unless warranted.


It will all make sense if you read the signs in the next few pics.








Just playing with the ants.







That would have been fun to see that drop free!







At the Gateway Canyon Resort is this car museum.

Fifty some primo cars

The resort is for sale for a reasonable $279,000,000

It includes the car collection. Enjoy the next few pics.
































This is a 65 Chevelle. I had a 64 that was almost identical except it had the chrome strip around the fenders and doors and mine was a maroon color! Loved that car!













Tomorrow we will be looking for dinosaurs.

 

Before tomorrow came we took a did in the pool.

I got in too, but they chased me out with their splashing to drown me.

I think he was an Hawaiian variety

Just a few miles out of Jenson, UT

Not sure why she had to mask up, he didn't

So is it the knee bone connected to the leg bone?


The trolley to the digs

Practicing her social distancing

Practicing holding my gut in




Inside the excavation site












Pretty sure this guy is plastic




Okay, I touched it now where's the hand sanitizer?

The Green River

She says they are the biting kind



Out shuttle driver tried to tell us this was a Sagittarius or something like that


The guy digging the bones back in 1909

Okay Susan, now you have a reason to visit Vernal, UT

A few shots heading down to the Flaming Gorge








Lots of smoke today but I haven't heard where it is coming from



These guys are from Kentucky. We keep bumping in to them.

Now this is my lucky day!





Our last scenic stop for the trip!

Not much water flowing today. These are usually covered by water.


Hailey thought I should climb out on that rock

I just replied that's what I got her for!




Comments

  1. Wow! What an impressive car collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vernal can keep it's pink dinosaur but thanks for thinking of me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good pics. Interesting car museum. My sister's first car was a Metropolitan. Same color. Gearshift on the dash!
    And I had an Orange Mach I like the blue one

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog