Set out my morning pills, I think my sis is trying to get me addicted!

She spent last night in a homeless camp

My niece and her husband have recently bought this home in Land of Lakes, CA.  Check that, Lake of the Pines, CA. Can't get that out of my head. They have be doing a lot of work but it is turning out great. What a beautiful and pleasant feel this place has.

The upper backyard patio. There will be more patio's on different levels. Fences have to be non continuous so wildlife can have free access to roam through.

Lots of work, but will be worth it.


It's called Lake of the Pines.


I presume they have a yacht club.

I rode to a little place called Smartville. I don't think it helped.



Hard for me to call this art, but as they say, whatever floats your boat.

I had to photograph this Californian Politician Log. I has little substance, can't stand on it's own, and is very hollow!

Now that's a road

Old mining museum in I think LaPorte, CA

I thought I had ridden every pass in CA between Hwy. 89 and I-5, but this was a new one for me. 

Very scenic

A few logging trucks to share the road with

Only a single yellow line on the road, so I passed wherever I deemed it safe to do so.

I like rivers


And horses

And Barns



And Chicken Noodle Soup

And Chicken fried steak

I thought this was the last place to eat before I exited the town. After I was done and back on the bike I discovered most of the town was still to come. Fortunately, I didn't see any other establishments that I would have preferred over the one I chose.

As I started heading towards Susanville, I spotted this down by the river. I think the colors must be caused by some sort of mineral hot springs.

Pretty cool but I never saw any signage to explain it.

I guess it just needs to be listed as miraculous!

Lake Almanor, it's a really big lake

That's Mount Lassen in the background.

I'd recommend this place if you ever need to stay in Susanville

I love  Mom and Pop motels where you can park in front of your room and it cost less than $60.00

 

Comments

  1. A good day! And you saw Guano Rock... 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic catching up with you. Hopefully the next time we see you the yard will be done and you can stay over. Have a safe trip! Hugs, Steve and Barb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog