First official evening of the Rally


It's always so much fun catching up with these folk!

Of course I have to be sure of which ones I can let my great granddaughter mingle with! Okay, kid, I think they are all safe.

July 7th and the group ride will be the Montrose, Ridgeway, Mancos, Durango, Silverton, Ouray loop.

Lots of action shots, most without captions.









Most of the towns up here are from the turn of the last century.

The old galloping Goose gave a lot of tourist rides up and down the tracks.


Quick fuel stop and a little visit.


After a few miles more we stop for lunch in Mancos


Pretty good Mexican food for this far north of the border.

Time for the second half of the loop


Riding north from Durango the Million Dollar Hwy is gorgeous.

This was an accident where a motorhome appeared to have left the highway.

Underway again!









I think Ouray, but could be Silverton.




You know about bears.

.....but did you know about deer?

You do now!




The last turnout we will visit today.


I don't have the camera skills to even begin to capture the magnificence of this water fall.

Julia, Donna, Cheryl

Ouray for sure.




Tickets, get your tickets!

Oh my, after seeing this I couldn't bring myself to buy one.

Nice selection of wine

Some pretty good food too!

The best part was the company

Guy, Victoria, and Sherm. Bikers at large!

 

Gathering and fueling for our tide to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

It is a canyon of black rock that has some vertical drops of over 2,000 feet!



Tony and Hailey  have found a nice view.

Bill and Carolyn are making the view nice.

Still lovebirds after 92 years!

Is she coming from the woods?

Maybe, maybe not

Beautiful ridge over the Blue Mesa Reservoir.





Bill and Carolyn and Hailey back there on my bike.





There was a terrible accident today and air life choppers were deployed.


A lady missed a curve while lookin at the scenery and went where she looked.

She ended up where the bottom of that smoke is.

Unfortunately, she lost her life. Why we need to be prepared!

Some backup from the emergency equipment on scene.






This has been a very warm day. Save for the climb back up a jump into that pool might be refreshing.





My little trooper dragging me to all the good views




Is that a service bar I see?





Most beautiful Indian I've ever seen. Although, I did think Sacajawea was kind of cute.

Hailey was chosen as the only honest person to draw the winning tickets for the raffle.

Being her grandpa, I had her draw Sherm's number three times.

His first win of the night


Everyone is hoping for the winning ticket




Most win something







Blondy presenting Hailey with a long sleeved shirt to protect her from sunburn. Thanks Donna!

The Motley Crew from WWR 2021


Comments

Popular posts from this blog