We had planned a stop in Missoula to install a garage floor for my friends.

They are making sure the new cove base will cover the marks left by the old.

My intentions were to be able to install the cove base as well, but I was unable to get it all done. He has done it himself before.

I do think it turned out nice!



My grandson Steffen is showing me around the day before Hailey and I leave for our trip. Of course we needed a good Mexican drink to go with our street tacos.



Final goodbyes, hey we're only going to be gone a couple of weeks.

Two down, two to go!



Mom and Dad second guessing their decision.

We went for a ride last year and her hair got all tangled up, not this year.



And we are off.

Barely out of town and if was fun watching this helicopter spraying some fields.

A couple more miles and it is starting to rain.

Okay, we now have the obligatory selfie out of the way.

The Marmots were sure enjoying the plentiful food.

Hailey is telling me that she has already seen the falls.

Above the falls is this wall that almost looks like a medieval city.

The falls as you see them before you reach the fence.

From above this looked like a big chunk of ice. I don't actually know what it is.



That is a 186' drop.



A guy in a kayak holds the worlds record for going over this fall. Hailey holds the world record for holding still while I took this picture.

Down river from the falls.



Several people were down there fishing and hiking





Hailey is getting used to where everything is on the bike.



The train trestle crosses in the foreground and the highway crosses just past the trestle.







Got Coffee?

Pomeroy is a nice older town.

I'm jealous, they have a Radio Shack

Our first meal of the trip, lunch at Taco Time

The Harley Store in Lewiston, ID

While our morning ride to the falls was delightfully pleasant, it turned off very hot after we left.

She found a little relief in the cool waters of the Clearwater River.

She just discovered fools gold

Better check it out to be sure.

Where is my gold pan?

A little more exploring before I ride grandpa piggy back outta here.

Looks like the folks on the other side live there.




Just a little longer okay?

Okay, take your time, I'll just take a few pics of this bee.

After the 113 degree heat, we then got caught in a monsoon type storm complete with lightning and thunder and a deluge!


Hey Grandpa, I'll take this rain anytime of the heat!!!

 

Not long after we left Brian and Lady's house we came across this herd (is that what you call them?) of Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep. All females!

Whatever they were eating or licking was doing a good job of keeping their attention.

Even the guard wasn't too concerned.

We both got hungry in Helena.
She had the carne asada and I had the 2' burrito.


Comments

  1. I love this. These are great pictures! Hailey LOVES the rain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've got a pretty experienced rider on this part of your trip.
    Safe travels my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The above was posted by hiwaybound from the gl1800 forum

      Delete
  3. Happy 4th of July you two. Be safe and have fun🎆🧨♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog